Friday, June 4, 2010
Day 299: Nachos!
Yield: 15 chips
Time (Start to Finish): 25 min
bacon, about 4 slices, cooked
salt and pepper
1 lime, juiced
1. Preheat the broiler in your oven. Take a cookie sheet that fits under it, and line with foil. Also, move the rack so it is not directly on the heat (don’t want to burn the chips)
2. Take the chips and line them on the cookie sheet
3. Take the cheddar cheese and slice up onto each chip. You can shred them if you want to
4. Then sprinkle with asiago and parm cheese and broil until the cheese melts and just begins to bubble
5. Take the cooked bacon, cut up, and place on each chip
6. In a bowl, blend the avocado with salt and pepper, garlic powder and lime juice until it is the flavor you like
7. Spread on top of each chip and serve! An easy recipe to make way more than 15 of
Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: What I like about this is how much cheese is on each chip! Normally nachos have some chips with a lot of cheese and others with none. This one has it on all chips! They are so yummy, and when broiled it crisps up the edges of the chips which I like! You can just bake them, or even microwave them, but I think broiling is the best. Also, STAY WITH IT. When you broil something it cooks fast! This recipe also has a sad part to it. It was Christina’s last recipe before the project is over! She is out of the country and has been one of my best taste testers/helpers. Thanks for all the help girl! Anyways, these are killer. Try them for sure.