Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 310: Potato Chips


Yield: 2 chips
Time (Start to Finish): 45 min

Ingredients:
2 slices of russet potato, skinned
½ stick butter
salt
cayenne pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 475F
2. Take a cookie sheet and line with foil
3. Brush the sheet with butter
4. Take the potato slices and brush with butter, sprinkle a little salt and cayenne and put in the oven
5. Bake for 15-20 min or until they begin to brown
6. Remove and sprinkle with more salt and cayenne!

Rating: 3.5 strawberries
Notes: Ok, I have never made potato chips before, and in case you didn’t know, I get scared of cooking with oil, so I thought about baking them. I only cooked 2 slices because I was sure I was going to mess them up, but they turned out pretty good! I put on too much cayenne, and I folded one of the chips to see how it would cook, and it was fine! Use a slicer to slice them thin like I did, but you can cut them as thick as you like. Also make sure the slices are dry before you butter them. You can add any seasoning you like, and they are yummy! Also you may not use all the butter, but you can never have too much. Next time I will make more than 2!

No comments: