Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 307: Zucchini Nut Bread


Yield: 1 loaf
Time (Start to Finish): 1-2 hours

Ingredients:
1 ½ cup flour
pinch salt
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
pinch nutmeg
2 eggs
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1 cup grated zucchini
½ cup chopped pecans

Directions:
1. I use a foil loaf pan so I can give it to people, but if you don’t have that, grease a regular loaf pan, and preheat the oven to 325F
2. Take the eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar and mix together
3. Add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix very well
4. Add the zucchini and nuts and mix until combined
5. Pour the mixture into the loaf pan and bake for about 45 min or until a knife comes out clean

Rating: 3.5 strawberries
Notes: I love this bread!! It is simple, sweet, and quite wonderful. My mom gave me a loaf of banana bread today, and I suddenly remembered how quick and easy zucchini is, and I wanted some quickly. I almost ate this whole loaf in one day…sorry moms banana bread! Its nice to have a one bowl quick bread too. Make sure to mix WELL, and it tasted best toasted with a skim of butter on top!

No comments: