Friday, June 4, 2010
Day 300: Apple Cheddar Purses
Yield: 2 servings
Time (Start to Finish): 45 min
1 sheet pie crust
4 oz cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
large grained decorating sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. In a bowl, chop the apples, peeled, to bite size chunks. Make them a little large, they will get a little smaller
3. Toss with the sugar and cinnamon
4. Take a cookie sheet, like with parchment, and spray with cooking spray
5. Take the dough and cut into 2 pieces. You can round them off if you want
6. Place the circles on the parchment.
7. In the center put the apple mixture, some cheddar cut into equal sized chunks.
8. Wrap the sides of the pastry around, twist a little on top to secure and put in the fridge to chill
9. Mix the egg and the milk and then brush over the top of the pastries
10. Sprinkle with the sugar and bake until they turn golden brown, about 20 min
Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: Happy 300 days!!!! Only 65 to go!!! Not bad at all!!! Everyone always talks about putting a slice of cheddar on apple pie, and I have made things with apple and cheese, and I thought I would try it out! It turned out pretty good. WAY better hot than cold, so if you save them, you must reheat them before serving. Wow, 300 days!! So cool! What I like about this is you can add any filling and its like a pie on the go. I know, I should have made my own crust, but I didn’t have time this day. Try it with my crust from the cherry apricot pie I made if you want a good from scratch one. Yummy!