Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 124: Strawberry Butter

Ingredients:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
4 strawberries
dash salt
dash cinnamon

Directions:
1. In a mixer with a whip, mix the cream with the salt and cinnamon until it separates and turns into butter. It take about 2 minutes. Make sure to have a towel ready it will splash. You can use a small cuisenart too.
2. When it is separated, add the sliced strawberries. If using a mixer with a blade, it will chop them up for you. If using a mixer, either use jam or chop the strawberries before adding them super fine
3. Put in a container and let chill in the fridge

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: This was pretty awesome. My mom told me today about when I was in grade school making butter in a little jar by shaking it, and I thought, that is so simple! Ill make it with strawberries! You can add any fruit you want. Or add savory things to it as well. I made this after a long day of shopping and am saving it for something I have in store for breaky tomorrow. I cant wait until then! Enjoy guys!

No comments: