Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Day 136: Avocado Dressed Edamame

Yield: 2 people
Time (Start to Finish): 30 min

Ingredients:
1 cup shelled edamame
½ avocado
soy sauce
lemon juice

Directions:
1. Cook the edamame according to the directions. Usually its boiling them for 5 min
2. In a blender or a mixer, mix the avocado, soy sauce and lemon juice until it makes a smooth sauce. Taste and add more soy if its too sour, and more lemon if its too salty
3. Pour over the edamame and serve as a side to any dish. Goes great with sushi!

Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: I really love with dish! Its chunkier than I wanted because I didn’t have a mixer and had to use a whisk, but it tastes great. It does really well with sushi and you don’t need to add salt, the soy sauce adds plenty. I don’t know how I thought up this one, but it is a must try. Does good next to potatoes, or like I ate it, just on its own!

No comments: