Yield: 24 men
Time (Start to Finish): 2 hours
3 cups flour
3 tsp powdered ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ stick butter
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup molasses
1 tsp vanilla
½ box sifted powdered sugar
little milk (amount varies)
1. In a mixer, mix the sugar and the butter until smooth
2. Add the egg and the molasses and vanilla
3. Mix all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the wet. Turn the mixer on very low and mix until combined
4. Let sit in fridge for 20 min
5. Preheat oven to 350F
6. Take into a ball, about half the dough, and with flour roll until ¼ inch thick. Cut using gingerbread man cutter and bake for 20 min until soft to touch but not sticky. Let cook before icing
7. Mix the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until frosting is thick but able to pipe.
8. With a piping tube, pipe designs onto the cookies! You very well may add different colors to the frosting. If it is too thick, add milk, too thin, add more powdered sugar. Enjoy these guys!
Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: These were made for the holiday party at Patagonia! The original plan was to make each man look like a different member of the staff, but after shopping all day for stuff, and then a couple beers at lunch with the girls, there just wasn’t enough time! They turned out well though. The frosting was a little soft, but they tasted great. Gingerbread lasts really well, so we enjoyed them at work for a couple of days. Thanks to lyn for for kitchen, and happy holidays! Try all sorts of different shapes, but I wouldn’t use this recipe for building a house, it’s a little soft. Great for leaving out for santa though!