Yield: 2-3 people
Time (Start to Finish): 1 hour
2 big flat rolls
2 flank steaks
salt and pepper
3 cups beef stock
½ cup white wine
1. In a skillet or pan, cook the steaks to your liking. I like mine medium rare. Also, lightly oil, salt and pepper them. You can marinate them if you like. Make sure to not fully grease the pan, you want to have some drippings and sticking so you can make a nice sauce.
2. Remove the steaks and let rest
3. Pour the beef stock into the pan and scrape the bottom to get the pieces off. Salt and pepper to taste
4. Add the wine, and bring almost to a boil. Add a little squeeze of the lemon juice
5. Put the sauce in a bowl and serve with the sammys for dipping
6. Make a pesto mayo by combining the two, salt and pepper and a squeeze of the lemon.
7. Toast the buns. The toastier they are, the more au jus they will soak up
8. Spread the pesto mayo on both sides
9. Cut the steak against the grain, and make them thin slices
10. Serve with the au jus to dip, and some greens and a mashed potato if you like!
Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: Wow, there is only one word for there…TOUCHDOWN. They are epic!!!!! Mac and I made these, he cooked the steak (I am the WORST at cooking steak) and I made the rest. Do not forget the lemon, it really cleans up the whole meal, ties it together, and sparks it up. The sauce is great, and you can add garlic, or a cooked onion to it if you like some more flavor. The bread is key, I toasted it with just a little olive oil, and it crisps right up. You can use any steak, just be sure to slice it thin so you can bite it. You have to try this. I realized it is a great meal to make with someone else! You can even have a third person making the potatoes, and a 4th making the salad. A well rounded manly meal. Be warned. It is messy. You both wont look so pretty after this, so just laugh and let it be messy!