Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 256: Pesto Pasta With Bacon

Yield: 2 servings
Time (Start to Finish): 30 min

Ingredients:
1 package lemon basil pasta

4 slices bacon

handful basil
¼ cup pine nuts
olive oil
salt and pepper
parm cheese
squeeze lemon juice

3 slices salami

Directions:
1. Boil the pasta with salt according to the directions, and make sure they are slightly undercooked. That is the best
2. Cook the bacon however you like, I like mine crispy, and pat the oil off and cut into chucks
3. Cut the salami into chunks the same size as the bacon pieces
4. Make the pesto in a small blender. Put the basil and pine nuts in. add parm cheese and the lemon juice
5. Turn the blender on and drizzle in the olive oil until it is the consistency you like. I added more cheese at the end since it will be on pasta
6. Pour the sauce over the noodles and stir until coated
7. Add the bacon and salami and serve

Rating: 3 strawberries
Notes: well, this is tasty, but I ate 2 servings, which isn’t so good. Also, that means I ate a lot of bacon. If I were you I would add some veggies to this as well! It is good, but I don’t feel too creative, which is why I gave it a low rating. It is fast, I always like dinners that are fast, and this one was. You can try it, but again I say, veggies!

No comments: