Yield: 1 cup dressing
Time (Start to Finish): 1 hour
2 cups red wine
salt and pepper
1. In a sauce pan, place the wine and cook on med heat until it reduces by half
2. In skillet, take the shallot and chop fine. Cook it in the pan on med with salt and pepper and a little olive oil until it is either caramelized or translucent.
3. Add the shallot to the wine reduction and take of the heat and let cool
4. When making dressing, use however much wine you want, but it will be a 2-1 ratio, olive oil to wine. So, add 2 Tbsp of wine, and 4 Tbsp olive oil. You can add more if you like, and whisk while you combine them
5. Pour over greens or salad and enjoy!
Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: I love wine reductions, and this one with the shallot is awesome. I always love caramelized onions and shallots. I just put it over mixed greens, nothing else, but you can put it on any salad you like. It was a tiring day, but this is pretty low maintenance. You just set it on the stove and let it reduce. Use a wine you would drink. I used 8 zinfandel. So so good! I hope you like it.