Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 244: Candied Peanuts

Yield: 1 cup
Time (Start to Finish): 20 min

Ingredients:
1 cup peanuts
¼ cup brown sugar
4 Tbsp honey
sprinkle cinnamon
1 Tbsp butter
squeeze lemon juice
salt

powdered sugar

Directions:
1. Take nuts and put in a sauce pan with the butter, honey, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
2. Stir until butter melts, the sugar melts and coats the nuts, and all come together. The nuts will start to smell like toasted nuts, and that is when you want to turn the heat off
3. Squeeze the lemon juice, and stir to make sure the nuts aren’t sticking together. Let them cool a little
4. Dust with powdered sugar, even a little cinnamon if you like

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: Yummy! I have made a number if candied nuts, but these are with honey and lemon. They are tasty, but most importantly, they are quick. I am feeling a little under the weather today, and I am about to get on a flight to LA to be with my brother, so it is nice to have something quick. This is another nice thing to serve at a party, but I made a bag of them to take while I waited in the security line. I hope you try them out!

No comments: