Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 247: Crumble Ice Cream Topper

Yield: 1 bowl
Time (Start to Finish): 15 min

Ingredients:
1 bowl of ice cream, favorite flavor!
¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
2 Tbsp butter
¼ cup coconut, shredded and toasted
¼ cup toasted walnuts
¼ tsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp sugar
chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:
1. Melt the butter
2. Add the cracker crumbs and let it soak
3. Add the coconut, walnuts, cinnamon, sugar and chocolate chips and stir until combined. You can add more butter if you want it to be a little more gooey
4. Sprinkle the mixture over ice cream and dig in

Rating: 3.5 strawberries
Notes: I made this after a long drive from LA back to San Francisco, in the pouring rain. Welcome home! It is easter Sunday, most stores are closed, so this was a pantry treat. I had some left over caramel ice cream, and this was a killer touch to make it all the sweeter. I didn’t have chocolate chips, but I know they would fit right in here. A bowl of this, a few Lost episodes and I was out like a light. I hope you like this simple fast treat.

No comments: