Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 258: Applesauce Vinaigrette

Yield: 1 cup
Time (Start to Finish): 15 min

Ingredients:
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup applesauce
olive oil, about ½ cup, maybe more
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Combine the vinegar and applesauce
2. Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking until it is combined. Salt and pepper to taste
3. You may need to add more of any ingredients to make it taste the way you like, so adjust. Maybe less vinegar, more applesauce

Rating: 3.5 strawberries
Notes: So this tasted good on a very basic salad. Just greens maybe some avocado. It is something I made at work, quick during the day since I went to a concert last night and am going to another one tonight. I know I have been making lots of dressings lately, and I think that is because it is so nice out and I have been wanting to eat salads all the time! Its good to try new things, and some applesauce in the dressing was a great little twist. I think you will like it. This might also be nice over a fruit salad, as long as you don’t add too much.

No comments: