Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 181: Avocado Mousse

Yield: 2 cups
Time (Start to Finish): 15 min

Ingredients:
¾ cup heavy whipping cream
salt
½ avocado
cilantro

Directions:
1. In a mixer, mix the cream until it is soft peak, so when you turn the whip over it looks like soft serve ice cream
2. Add salt and the avocado and blend on high until it is combined and smooth
3. Add the chopped cilantro and serve

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: This is So tasty! I don’t know what I would serve this with. I no joke just ate it right out of the bowl with Christina, but I might serve it with little chips I had made, or on the side of a fancy soup or something like that. It is so creamy and avocadoy, but I wouldn’t just throw it in a burrito, you know? It seems classier than that. I might even serve a dollop on a fruit salad. It is really creamy and delicate, and the cilantro for sure changes the texture, so be careful when adding it…the flavor adds a lot, so I was ok in the end with it. I would even add a squeeze of lime juice to this.

No comments: