Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 184: Coconut Toffee Brownies

Yield: 8 brownies
Time (Start to Finish): 45 min

Ingredients:
2 oz unsweetened chocolate (use 1 cubes of Bakers unsweetened)
6 Tbsp butter
2 eggs
vanilla
½ cup flour
dash cinnamon
½ cup toffee pieces
½ cup coconut shavings

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In the microwave or in a pan, melt the butter and the chocolate together
3. Add the sugar and stir
4. Add the eggs, vanilla, flour and cinnamon and mix until combined. You can add the toffee and coconuts now, but I put them on top
5. Pour batter into a greased 8 inch square pan and add the toppings
6. Bake until a knife comes out with just a little batter on it. Don’t overbake or they will be dry and hard as rocks. Its better to have them a little underdone.

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: We have no tinfoil in our house, so when the top started getting browner than I wanted it to, I had no choice but to let it be brown. They taste great, and you cant top toffee and coconut. Press the toppings down a little bit on top so they stick easier to the brownie. This is my second half way mark, because it is officially 6 months, not halfway in days, so that is pretty cool too!!! Go me!! The roomies scarfed these down, which always makes me feel good. They stopped thanking me, and just indulge, which makes me feel awesome, and that whenever the time comes for me to move on, they will miss and remember that chef girl that fed them all the time. Enjoy these brownies!

No comments: