Yield: 12 cookies
Time (Start to Finish): 1 ½ hours
1/8 cup sugar
¼ cup butter
1 egg yolk
1 cup flour
vanilla (till is right consistency)
3 strips bacon
1 cup powdered sugar
1. Cook the bacon until it is crispy and perfect cooked the way you like it. Make sure to pre cut it into 12 pieces
2. In a mixer, combine the sugar and the butter until smooth
3. Add the egg, salt and mix
4. Add the flour and mix.
5. Add vanilla until it comes together into a rollable ball, not too gooey, not too dry. Wrap and put in the fridge for 20 min
6. Preheat oven to 350
7. Roll dough out into any thickness you like and cut into 12 cookies, any shape you like
8. Bake cookies until they begin to brown in the edges, about 12 min and let cool
9. Take the powdered sugar and sift it
10. Add maple syrup until it becomes a thick frosting. If it gets too thin, add more powdered sugar, if its too thick add more syrup.
11. Spread it onto each cookie and place a slice of bacon on top. Serve to those willing to try something new.
Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: I think these were KILLER. The only difference I would do would be to chop the bacon up and sprinkle it on top, I didn’t like biting into the big piece. You have to try this, it is tasty, sweet, and interesting. Something to start a conversation about that’s for sure. I got this idea after playing with bacon and chocolate truffles at a super bowl party. How fun to put bacon in sweet things. I love putting apples in savory things, and bacon in sweet. Watch yourself around me, im crazy!! And try these out, they are fun.