Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 185: Special K Treats

Yield: 1 8 inch pan
Time (Start to Finish): 25 min

Ingredients:
3 cups special k, about half of a box
1-2 Tbsp butter
about 20 mini marshmallows (half of a bag)
½ cup peanuts, toasted

Directions:
1. Melt the butter
2. Add the marshmallows and melt as well
3. Add the cereal and the peanuts to the mixture and delicately stir
4. Press into a greased 8 inch square pan and let cool
5. Cut and eat as a healthy breakfast.

Rating: 3.5 strawberries
Notes: So, I became obsessed with Speciak K bars that are 90 calories, and eat them all the time, so I decided to make my own high in fat ones. These are good, and yes, I have eaten them for breakfast, but no, they are not 90 calories, or healthy at all, that is a joke. I need to stop eating these. These bars take no time, and are basically the rice krispie treat recipe with a different cereal and nuts. You can add any cereal you like and honey, nuts, dried fruit, all sorts of goodness. Try these out, they are tasty and got me through a few days, but im telling you, its not a healthy breaky, haha.

No comments: