Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 234: Mango Jicama Salad

Yield: 1 person
Time (Start to Finish): 25 min

Ingredients:
1 mango
1 jicama (sound like hic-i-ma)
1-2 limes
fresh spinach
salt
dash hot sauce

Directions:
1. If you can, grate the jicama. I had to cut it in pieces, and dry it with a paper towel
2. Cut up the mango into bite sized chunks
3. Put together in a bowl and squeeze the lime on it
4. Sprinkle with salt and a little hot sauce to taste
5. Make a bed of spinach, place on top and serve

Rating: 3 strawberries
Notes: So, ive never used jicama before, and it was kind of fun, but I don’t know how I liked eating chunks of it. Shredding it would be a lot better im sure, and it turns brown really fast, so be careful with it. I like the lime and the hot sauce on this. It is a good salad, but I think it needs a few alterations. Test it out, try jicama, it is fun!

No comments: