Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 14: Sage Ricotta Caprese Salad

Yield: 1 person
Time (Start to Finish): 5 min

Ingredients:
1 Heirloom Tomato (med)
Salt and Pepper
5 Sage Leaves
5 Tbsp Ricotta Cheese
Olive Oil

Directions:
1. Feel free to make this recipe larger to accommodate more people, but I’m eating alone here!
2. Cut Tomato into 5 slices (or however many slices you like, just make sure you have the same amount of sage leaves as slices)
3. Place on plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper
4. Take sage leaves and place on top. Make sure they are fresh and should cover about half, maybe a little less, of the slice (they are strong)
5. Add a Tbsp of ricotta cheese to each slice
6. Drizzle with a good olive oil, and enjoy!

Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: Its important to be a sage lover to like this dish, and sage is my FAVORITE spice, so I am giving it a much higher rating than some! Also, as long as you have a good heirloom tomato, you cannot mess this up! It’s a take on the classic tomato basil mozzarella combo, and I really think I have a winner here. I wish I had someone to share it with! The secret to any good meal is starting with good ingredients, and this dish really only works with fresh tomatoes, fresh sage, and good olive oil. So don’t skimp! Oh, and I heard word that my pictures aren’t as good as they used to be??? Hey Haight House! If you got a problem, send me some feedback! Let me know how to make these pictures make your mouths water! And I’m starting photography classes Tuesday, so maybe that will help…

No comments: