Yield: 8-9 Pancakes
Time (Start to Finish): 20-25 min
1 cup flour
1 ½ Tbsp brown sugar
¾ tsp. baking powder
1 cup buttermilk
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 Tbsp vanilla
strawberries (cut up)
butter (for pan)
1. Heat skillet to med high.
2. Mix flour, brown sugar and baking powder in a bowl with a wooden spoon
3. Add egg, buttermilk and vanilla and mix a little bit
4. Add melted butter and mix until just combined
5. Pour about 1/3 cup batter into pan (about 3 cakes at a time, they will spread) and sprinkle in blueberries and strawberries.
6. Cook until little bubbles appear on top of cake and they are brown on bottom and then flip
7. When you take them off the skillet, grate parm cheese on top. Just a little, not like you would on pasta. You want a hint of the salty cheese
8. Serve with maple syrup
Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: This makes me think of my best girl Cydney and Leo who gave me the idea of parm on pancakes, and it is incredible! This is a great buttermilk pancake recipe, but the parm with the fruit is really something different and marvelous. Try it! Its not weird, its delicious!!!