Yield: 1 person
Time (Start to Finish): 20 min
2 pieces Bacon (or pancetta)
¼ cup melon
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 slice sourdough bread
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp butter
1. Cook bacon in pan until the crispness you like
2. Take melon and chop into little pieces.
3. Put in pan on stove with the maple syrup and cook until is hot and just starting to cook. Not too much
4. Take slice of bread and cut a hole in the middle big enough for an egg. Don’t cut the sides, and save the center.
5. Put butter (soft) on the edges of bread, both sides
6. Heat pan to med high and put a skim of butter on the pan so the egg doesn’t stick.
7. Put bread on the pan and crack the egg in the hole. Add salt and pepper.
8. Cook until it is about half way cooked and the bread starts to toast and then flip. Its ok if the egg leaks a little, try not to break the yolk. Cook the way you like eggs. I like mine soft and runny.
9. Toast the little bread round on the same skillet. It makes a nice little treat!
10. Put toad in hole on plate and put the melon mixture on top. Then add the bacon and serve!
Rating: 5 strawberries
Notes: I have heard this dish called a number of different things, but I like toad in hole. I gave it a 5 because the melon bacon makes it go crazy in your mouth and is an excellent way to impress someone at breakfast. Also, it took 20 min, and I was full and happy afterwards. This is my second 5, so watch out! And come over for breakfast sometime!