Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 25: Blue Potato Gratin

Yield: 3 people
Time (Start to Finish): 1 hour

Ingredients:
5 blue potatoes
3 cloves garlic

¼ cup cream
¼ cup soy milk

¼ parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp butter
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Peel and slice potatoes into 1/8 inch slices.
3. In small loaf or small oven friendly bowl, layer potatoes with chopped garlic and parmesan cheese. Tear pieces of butter every layer and press down
4. Pour in the cream and soy milk. You may not need all of it (mine was too soupy)
5. Top with parmesan cheese and bake until bubbly and potatoes are soft when poked with a knife

Rating: 3 strawberries
Notes: It was pretty soupy, I think I needed to add a little less liquid, but it was still very delicious! Anything with potatoes and garlic is a winner for me. Sorry I haven’t blogged in a couple days, but remember, I AM cooking every day, just not blogging. Sometimes computer work is tiring. I made this and brought it to work and everyone liked it but agreed I put in too much liquid. Maybe remove the soymilk and have it be all cream…

No comments: