Time (Start to Finish): 45 min
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp. Sugar
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
6 Tbsp COLD Butter (cubed)
½ cup Buttermilk
1 cup Strawberries (cut up)
½ cup basil (chopped)
mascarpone (or cream cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 400F
2. In bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. Add cubed butter and mix with hands rubbing the butter into the flour until is resembles corn meal. Takes about a minute. Try not to heat up the butter, just mix it in
4. Add eggs and cream and mix until ¾ of the mixture is mixed and there is still flour in the bowl
5. Take strawberries and in a separate bowl coat them with a sprinkle of flour
6. Add strawberries and basil to the bowl and mix with hand until just combined. The dough will be sticky
7. Use water on your hands to prevent sticking, but take dough and make 6 balls and place them as far apart as possible on a cookie sheet (they will spread)
8. Mix egg with splash buttermilk and brush on top of each scone. Sprinkle with sugar. You can you any kind of decorative sugar here
9. Bake for 20-25 min until light brown
10. Serve with mascarpone cheese for a perfect treat!
Notes: A perfect combo of sweet and savory, and a great way to start the morning. SO YUMMY! I was shocked how good these are! You simply must try them. Today is my 2 week mark! Only 50 more to complete my project. I'm happy so far with all I have done, and you are in for a treat in the next couple weeks!