Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 27: Apple Chips with Peanut Sauce

Yield: 8-12 chips
Time (Start to Finish): 2.5 hours

Ingredients:
1 granny smith apple
1-2 Tbsp honey

2 Tbsp peanut butter
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 250F
2. Peel, core and slice apple into 8-10 slices. Using a mandolin works best, but I don’t have one so a knife works just fine.
3. Place slices on a cookie sheet and drizzle honey on each slice, just a thin drizzle. Bake for 1 hour
4. Flip the slices carefully and drizzle honey on the other side. Bake for another hour or until browning, but not too brown!!!
5. I know this takes a while but so worth it! While they are baking mix honey peanut butter and cinnamon together. It will be a little thick so don’t over mix
6. When chips come out of the oven, immediately transfer to a cooling rack, and enjoy them!

Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: These were so good!!!! I LOVE apple chips and the sauce was just such a killer compliment. I served them to my roomie in bed and she said they would be perfect after school while watching animaniacs…so true! I ate these so fast, and since it took 2 and a half hours to make, I suggest making more than 1 apple worth.

No comments: