Day 7: Annie’s Classic Famous White Chocolate Cheesecake
Yield: 1 9-inch cake
Time (Start to Finish): 2 hours plus cooling time
½ box Oreos (about 50)
1 tsp cocoa powder
2-3 Tbsp butter
8 oz sour cream
9-10 oz white chocolate (guittard)
8 oz gran sugar
1 pound 5 oz cream cheese
2 Tbsp vanilla
2-3 white chocolate lindt truffle candies
1 teapot hot water
1. Make sure all ingredients are room temperature
2. Preheat oven to 450F
3. Take 10 Oreos and separate the center from the cookie
4. Mix center frosting with cocoa powder and set aside
5. Take all rest of Oreos and blend until crumbs
6. Add melted butter until when gripped in hand the crumbs hold together and press them into a greased 9-inch cake/spring form pan
7. Bake in oven for 2 min...NO MORE!! Just until you begin smelling the chocolate. Take out and cool and preheat oven to 325F
8. In water bath on the stove (a pan filled with boiling water and a bowl over it filled with the chocolate) melt the white chocolate.
9. In a mixing machine but the room temp sour cream. Add the white chocolate in one batch and turn mixer on until combined. Scrape bowl.
10. While mixer is on, add sugar and scrape bowl again
11. While mixer is on, add room temp cream cheese a piece at a time. Turn mixer up and blend until lumps are out. Stop and scrape bowl a few times to make sure all the lumps are out
12. While mixer is on, add room temp eggs one at a time until combined, and then add vanilla
13. Mix until very smooth and pour onto cooled crust. Bang on a counter until all the bubbles come to the surface and pop
14. Put in another pan that has sides and fill with the hot water making a water bath, and put in oven. Be sure to check through the cooking process that there is still water in the oven.
Be CAREFUL opening oven during cooking, the steam burns your face!
15. Take out of oven when it wiggle like jell-o, doesn’t shake like water. Usually around an hour. Do not let get brown on top. Let sit on the counter until you can handle it, wrap in tinfoil and put in the freezer.
16. When frozen, run knife along sides and depan.
17. Take truffle candies and slice into peddles. Decorate top of cake with the Oreo filling to make vines and the truffles to make flowers. Serve to those you want to impress and direct them to my site.
Rating: 5 strawberries
Notes: this is my pride and joy recipe, so be thankful you are getting it. I was lent camping gear from my friend Evan, and this is his thank you gift. It is the perfect classic cheesecake recipe, and you can add berries, candies, anything you want, its ideal. Feel free to play with it as long as you keep the ratio the same. I LOVE this recipe and think it is why I have the friends I do…