Monday, August 17, 2009
Day 17: Smore’s Puddin’
Yield: 9 pies
Time (Start to Finish): 30 min
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup dutch cocoa
¼ plus 1 Tbsp corn starch
2 cups half and half
handful chocolate chips
1 Tbsp vanilla
9 graham cracker crusts (you can make your own, they are super easy, but in a pinch, you can buy them…I did…)
Marshmallows (about 2 for each little pie)
1. Make crust or spread out crusts on a tray. Get something with a spout to pour the finished pudding into the cups
2. In saucepan, sift cocoa and corn starch.
3. Add sugar and salt and then add cream while whisking to not add lumps
4. Heat on med high until it is bubbling all over and is thickened and turn heat off. Should take 5-10 min
5. Add handful of chocolate and vanilla and whisk until melted
6. Pour mixture into pitcher and pour quickly into each cup. Go fast before the pudding gets hard.
7. At this point you can chill the puddin’ (covered) or serve warm
8. Take mallows and roast over a candle or burner until they are a’flamin
9. Put on top of puddin’ and eat!
Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: Dinner Party! A great way to get people to contribute and flame some mallows! This dish was great, but I served it cold and I think a warm puddin’ would be more smore’s like. Also, I think the store bought crusts were too thin, I wanted more graham cracker, but all in all a crown pleasure and a dish licker! Thanks for coming Lucy, Maggie, Travis and Jack!