Yield: 1-2 people
Time (Start to Finish): 25 min
1 firm heirloom tomato (med)
salt and pepper
pinch ground cayenne
½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
½ cup buttermilk
½ cup flour
3-4 Tbsp olive oil
¼ cup sour cream
1. Preheat skillet on med with olive oil in it to coat bottom plus a little
2. Slice tomato in ½ inch slices and put salt, pepper and cayenne on them. Let sit 5-10 min
3. In 4 bowls place the egg, buttermilk, flour and bread crumbs
4. When oil is heated, dip each slice in buttermilk, then flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs and put immediately on the skillet.
5. Cook all slices, add more oil of you need to, until the sides turn brown and flip them. Should be about 3-4 min per side.
6. In separate bowl mix sour cream and the limejuice and serve on the side. Add some salt to the tomatoes if needed.
Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: These were SO GOOD! I know, Travis, you can make a killer fried green tomato, but this is Annie Style, and I must say, I rocked this one. I used a greenish yellow heirloom and it was so delicious! Any tomato will do, but green or yellow ones I think work best with the sauce…just make sure they are FIRM tomatoes. I ate these so fast! Enjoy this one!