Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 210: Pesto Pasta

Yield: 1-2 servings
Time (Start to Finish): 1 hour

Ingredients:
Handful of spinach
Handful basil
½ cup pine nuts, toasted
¾ cup parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1 clove garlic, chopped super fine
olive oil
1 tsp onion powder

spinach

cooked noodles of choice

Directions:
1. In a blender or food processer, add the basil, spinach, parm cheese, garlic, pine nuts, salt and pepper, onion powder
2. With the blender on, drizzle the olive oil in until it becomes a paste. You can add more cheese or basil to make it the texture you like.
3. In a skillet on med, add the noodles with the pesto and stir, warming the sauce. You aren’t cooking this, you are just warming it through
4. Pour over a bed of spinach noodles and enjoy, or save for lunch!

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: I always eat this pesto salad from trader joes, and I though, well, maybe I should just make it on my own. Save myself some money. Pesto is really simple since it doesn’t even involve cooking, and you can change up the nuts, or the greens, and even the cheese! I have made a mint pesto before. Try this out. The onion powder adds a hint that I like. I usually add cayenne, but I feel like I have been doing that a lot lately. I hope you like this, and I hope you save a few bucks too!

No comments: