Yield: 1 cake
Time (Start to Finish): 2 hours
½ pound butter
½ pound sugar
½ pound eggs
½ pound flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp butter
1. Preheat an oven to 350F, and grease a square pan
2. In a mixer, mix the butter and the sugar until it is light and fluffy
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl after each addition, and then add the vanilla
4. Add the flour, baking powder and cinnamon, making sure to keep the mixer on low
5. Mix until combined and pour batter into lightly greased pan. Spread so the batter is even in the pan
6. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 25 min
7. In another bowl, add the cream cheese (couple Tbsp) and the butter and vanilla and mix until smooth and soft.
8. Add SIFTED powdered sugar until it becomes the thickness you like, usually it takes about 3 cups.
9. Spread frosting on top of the cooked cake, and cut into chunks.
Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: This cake is simple, and spectacular. It is a pound cake recipe, but cut in half because there is too much cake. It is perfect for a nice after dinner treat, or to bring to a friends house. Everyone likes cake, and let me tell you, this was a big hit in my house. You can try a million creative ideas, but sometimes going simple makes the most smiles. I also made this before These United States show up so they can have a little bit of sweet! Try this out, and make some smiles of your own!