Yield: 1 serving
Time (Start to Finish): 30 min
2 thin pieces of cod, 1 serving
1-2 lemons, zested and juiced
½ stick butter
salt and pepper
parsley for garnish
1. Take a frying pan and melt the butter, saving just a little bit of it
2. Take the fish and mix it with salt and pepper
3. Dip the fish in the flour so it is lightly coated
4. In med heat, cook the fish on both sides. Before flipping, pour in the lemon juice and the zest. Leave a little juice aside
5. Take the fish out and put on a plate
6. Using a spatula, cook the sauce in the pan, scraping up the stuck pieces. Add the rest of the butter and the lemon.
7. Let the sauce get thick and turn brown, and then pour over the fish. Sprinkle with parsley and serve
Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: So, my accident I bought $20 fish, so already I was going to make this a good meal. You can buy any priced fish, just make sure to cook it through. This dish is so light and perfect. It makes you feel good and healthy. You can serve it over spinach, or with brown rice. It is lovely. I ate it, and then my roommate took the already seasoned pan and she cooked herself a scramble. She said it was killer. Lime juice would be too tart for this, so done sub that, but you can sub any white fish in here. Enjoy!