Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 232: Avocado Cream Cheese Croissants

Yield: 6 croissants
Time (Start to Finish): 45min-1 hour

Ingredients:
Cream cheese
1 sheet puff pastry
½ avocado
fresh dill
cheddar cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Take puff pastry sheet and unfold. It is already in 3 sections, so cut the dough into those 3 sections. Cut each section at an angle so it makes 2 triangles per section, making 6 triangles.
3. Take one of the triangles and place it so the big end is facing you and the point is away from you
4. Put some cream cheese along the edge of the triangle, not touching the sides, and making about an inch wide
5. Place avocado on top of the cream cheese, and sprinkle dill on top of that. Do not overstuff, and make sure there is a border of untouched dough along the edges
6. Roll the dough towards the point of the dough making a croissant shape. You want it tight but not too tight. Repeat this with all the croissants
7. Place on a greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for about 15-20 min until they begin to brown
8. Take out of the oven and place a thin slice of sharp cheddar cheese on top and place in the oven turned OFF or in a broiler
9. Bake until the cheese melts and serve

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: Ok, so I made these in the house, put them on the oven top, and went into the bathroom to take a quick shower. When I came out, they were all gone and Sarah and Lindsay were hugging me. Sarah was grateful I made nothing with coconut, and both loved them to death. It made me feel good to know that in 15 min they were gone, but I wish I could have had one! Luckily they take no time to make. The dill really adds a touch of flavor, and I would even put a slice of cold cucumber on top when I served it if I were you.

No comments: