Saturday, March 27, 2010

Day 224: Chocolate Sprinkle Cookies

Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Time (Start to Finish): 1 hour

Ingredients:
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup cocoa powder

coating chocolate
colored sprinkles

Directions:
1. In a mixer, cream the butter and the sugar until fluffy
2. Add the eggs and the vanilla
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder
4. Add the dry to the egg mixture on low until it forms a ball
5. Wrap the dough in plastic and form into a rectangle log and chill for about an hour
6. Preheat oven to 350F
7. Slice the dough into the rectangles and bake for about 8 min until you smell the chocolate. Take out and let cool
8. Melt the coating chocolate, and in another bowl place the sprinkles
9. Dip a corner of each cookie into the chocolate and then the sprinkles and let cool

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: I hate round sprinkles. I think they are tacky and annoying. I had a jar of them, and after making so many cookies, I thought, why not make some more, AND get rid of the sprinkles! You can roll these out too and make any shape you want, but an easy thing to do is to slice them and bake them. They are good, I only ate 1 to taste it, and I hope you like them. I love chocolate, but no dice on the sprinkles! The picture is of the end one…its not so rectangle. I know…

No comments: