Yield: 2 servings
Time (Start to Finish): 25 min
2 small shallots
2 cloves garlic
4 Tbsp butter
¼ cup half and half
½ cup parmesan cheese
1 cob of corn
¼ tsp nutmeg
salt and pepper
24 ravioli (I used butternut squash)
1. Cook ravioli like you normally do or like the package states, but make sure to lightly salt the water and do not add oil to the water. Oil on noodles coats the pasta and won’t allow the sauce to stick to it. Salting the water seasons the noodles
2. Take the corn off the cob with a knife. You can use canned, but fresh is a million times better
3. In a saucepan, heat the butter with the garlic and shallots that you have chopped into small pieces.
4. When the garlic and shallots are softened, add the half and half until it begins to boil
5. Add the parm cheese, corn, salt and pepper
6. When the parm melts, the sauce is ready!
7. Pour over the ravioli and serve!
Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: What I love about this recipe is how quick it is. It took me about 15 min to make the sauce, and it was SO yummy. It’s the perfect thing to cook when you get home from work. I got home late, had to pack for Portland, and this took no time at all and was phenomenal. I had the second part for lunch the next day and it heats up just fine. The fresh corn made the whole meal even better. You can add chicken, or anything really, and put it over any noodles you like. Enjoy it guys! And sorry for the delay on recipes, but I succeeded in cooking every day!