Yield: 14-15 pancakes
Time (Start to Finish): 45 min
1 ½ cup flour
3 ½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
1 ¼ cup half and half
3 Tbsp melted butter
½ cup chocolate chips
½ cup peanut butter chips
3 pieces chopped, cooked bacon
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook bacon and set aside. Also shred cheese
2. Preheat a skillet to med-med high
3. In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar with a whisk
4. Add the egg, milk and butter and whisk until just together. Should resemble paste, but if it is too thick, add a splash of milk. Don’t overmix or they will come out tough.
5. Separate the batter into 3 bowls
6. The first one is plain. Cook on a lightly pan sprayed pan until little bubbles appear on the surface and they are a light brown on the bottom, flip and finish cooking. About 3 min.
7. The second batch mix in chocolate chips and peanut butter chips, as many or few as you like. Do NOT sprinkle them in while one side is cooking. When you flip them, the chocolate and peanut butter will burn and get messy.
8. The third batch mix the cheese and the chopped bacon, and cook the same way as the others.
9. All go great with syrup or plain.
Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: This is actually one of my favorite basic pancake recipes. You can really add anything you like to these and they are spongy and yummy and cakey. I have 3 friends staying at my house for the Treasure Island Music Festival, and to wake them all up I filled the house with the smell of pancakes. It worked, and the day started off perfectly. Tummies filled with food and our ears filled with music. This is a great platter of them too. I called the plain ones the mediator between the vegetarian ones and the meat ones. Haha. Enjoy these, and play with the different flavorings..banana chocolate chip, honey granola, etc.