Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 79: Eggs, Beans, and a Bagel

Yield: 1 serving
Time (Start to Finish): 25 min

Ingredients:
½ cup cooked unflavored beans
1 shallot
salt and pepper
1 egg
1 bagel (I used onion)
2 Tbsp butter
dried basil

Directions:
1. Place the cooked beans on a plate and warm them. Add a lot of salt to flavor them
2. Chop the shallot into small pieces and cook over med heat with a drop of oil (or butter) until soft and browning.
3. Put them on top of the beans
4. With a little oil or butter, but on the pan, and fry the egg until it is over easy, or however you like eggs. Scrambled it fine too
5. Salt and pepper the egg, and place it on top of the beans.
6. Sprinkle with dried basil.
7. Toast the bagel and spread with a thin layer of butter
8. Enjoy together as a sandwich or just eating together

Rating: 3.5 strawberries
Notes: I actually really liked this dish. I used left over beans in the fridge, a shallot I had lying around, an egg, a bagel Christina gave me, so it was really a meal made from things my roomies let me have. Thanks guys! It was a nice thing to eat after a little too much to drink the night before, and a great thing to send me off with when going to listen to much more live music, outside, on a cold day. Yummy! It was flavorful and filling, thanks roomies bobby, Christina and alley! And sorry to my friend who had to go out and get breakfast…I already ate…

No comments: