Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 66: Salami Corn Egg Sammy

Yield: 1 person
Time (Start to Finish): 7 min

Ingredients:
1 egg
¼ cup cream
½ cup corn kernels (fresh is best)
1 slice sourdough toast
4 slices sharp cheddar
4 slices salami
salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat a skillet to med-med high heat
2. Toast the bread and add the slices of cheddar right away so they melt a little
3. Add the salami on top of the cheese
4. In a bowl whisk the egg, cream, salt and pepper
5. Add the corn to the egg mixture and cook on the skillet until the egg temp you like. I like mine a little runny
6. Place the corn/egg on top of the salami, add salt and pepper if needed. The corn/egg might fall apart a little, but its ok. That is how it is supposed to be. Enjoy!

Rating: 3.5 strawberries
Notes: When in a rush, I tend to skip breakfast. If I have all morning, I tend to make something intense. This egg sammy is the perfect middle ground recipe. You are up early enough to have about 15 min to make food. This sammy I was expecting to not taste so good, and I was also trying to use up things in my kitchen before heading to Portland, but it was actually incredible! So yummy, a great tummy filler, and has all your basic food groups. Try it out and you will see! It was so good, I forgot to pack pants and my picture adapter, which is why I haven’t blogged in a week…blame this awesome sammy, not me!

No comments: