Yield: 9-10 pieces
Time (Start to Finish): 40 min
9 slices sourdough bread
2/3 cup coconut milk
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
1 cup coconut shavings
2 Tbsp butter
left over chocolate sauce (from yesterday)
1. Take the coconut milk, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg and whisk in a shallow bowl
2. Add the coconut, and if it is too thick, feel free to add a little more coconut milk
3. Preheat a skillet to med high heat
4. Add 1 Tbsp of butter
5. Soak the bread in the batter, making sure to get the coconut pieces on the bread and then cook on the skillet until brown on both sides, about 5 min total
6. Repeat this step for all the bread.
7. Serve with syrup, more butter, or like me, left over chocolate sauce.
Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: SO good! I might even have added macadamia nuts toasted. It was a great start to the day. The chocolate sauce I think did a lot, as did the coconut milk. You must try this recipe. It is simple, quick, and always a crowd pleaser. You can add coconut to some syrup the night before to make it flavored, or you can even add a little coconut extract to make it a stronger flavor if you like. I ate this and send myself off to work. It is also great if you have company over. I figure its about 1 egg per person for a ratio if that helps you. Enjoy guys!