Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day 81: Hot Tottie

Yield: 1 sick person
Time (Start to Finish): 15 min

Ingredients:
1 shot yummy whiskey
2 shots boiling water
sprinkle pumpkin pie spice
1 cinnamon stick
1 lemon, juiced
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
½ Tbsp sugar

Directions:
1. Boil the water
2. In a glass squeeze the juice of the lemon and add the sugar. You can add a little more if you want it more sweet
3. Add the hot water and the fresh ginger and let steep for a minute or two
4. Add the whiskey, sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice and drop in the cinnamon stick
5. Make sure to serve with a spoon, and enjoy! You can or don’t have to eat the ginger...some thing it is too spicy

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: So, the downer to this is I couldn’t really taste it when I made it, so it was a little too tart when eventually I could, meaning I added too much lemon, but it worked! I had a very stuffy nose and it would not go away, so a hot tottie is the perfect medicine. It was nice and snuggly and ideal. I felt a ton better and slept like a rock. I would maybe add more spices, or even a ginger tea bag to the boiling water, but I do want to give a shout out to Christina my roomie for the idea! Thanks girl! I feel BETTER!

No comments: