Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 86: Curried Pumpkin Seeds

Yield: 2 cups
Time (Start to Finish): 30 min

Ingredients:
2 cups pumpkin seeds
2 Tbsp curry powder (maybe more!)
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp salt

Directions:
1. Make sure all the goop is picked off the pumpkin seeds
2. In a pot of boiling water, boil the seeds for about 3 minutes and then drain and pat with paper towels
3. Preheat the oven to 400F
4. In a casserole dish, place the seeds
5. Sprinkle the curry powder, salt, and oil over them and mix with a spoon or spatula. You can add more spices if you want to
6. Bake for about 15 min, stirring about every 5. You will know they are done when they are dried out. You can taste one and add more spice throughout.
7. When finished, let cool and serve! Store in a dry closed container

Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: Perfect thing to do after having carved a bunch of pumpkins! I added more spice as they baked, and I thought at first they were over spiced, but it tastes so so good. They taste even better the next day. These were hard for me to make because I had just eaten a huge burger, haha. Well, carve those pumpkins and eat these fabulous seeds. I brought them to work but I think I ate most of them

No comments: