Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 83: Stuffed Strawberries and Chocolate

Yield: 3 servings
Time (Start to Finish): 30 min

Ingredients:
15 strawberries, large
½ cup mascarpone cream (or cream cheese)

½ cup half and half
½ tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Hollow out the strawberries by cutting the tops off at an angle in to the berry
2. Take the mascarpone (Italian cream cheese) and fill the berries with it with a spoon
3. In a saucepan heat the half and half until it is almost boiling.
4. Place the chocolate chips and vanilla in a bowl
5. Pour the hot half and half over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth
6. Serve warm and dip the berries into the chocolate. If you want, you can chill the chocolate a little bit, but it will remain soft

Rating: 5 strawberries
Notes: This is hands down my favorite dessert in all the world. I cant think of anything better than strawberries, cream and chocolate. This was a long work day, and I ate these for dinner and then curled up in bed, perfect!!! I give it a 5 because there is really no way to make it any better! Maybe if I made a million more. And my lovely hand model is Christina who helped me polish these bad boys off. This is also probably one of the last times this season I will be using strawberries. They are no more! Sad sad day for those whose favorite food it is…I will survive…

No comments: