Monday, October 19, 2009

Day 77: Simple Cinnamon Buttercream

Yield: ½ cup frosting
Time (Start to Finish): 5 minutes

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp butter, soft
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1-2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
milk, optional

Directions:
1. Make sure the butter is soft and the powdered sugar is sifted
2. Mix the butter, powdered sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until smooth. I like to use a fork
3. If the frosting is too thick, you can add a little bit of milk to thin it out, I didn’t need to.
4. Spread on cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, or just eat out of the bowl

Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: I love cinnamon, and making it into a buttercream just adds to my love for it. I put this on my chocolate peanut butter cup cupcakes, and it was so so yummy, but again, you can put it on anything. It is spicy, and you can even do it with cream cheese instead of butter. Its really simple and can be made with things you find in your cabinet. Friends coming into town today, so I wanted to make something fast that they would like, I think I have a winner. If you are frosting a cake or anything for sure double this recipe, maybe even 4x it. It’s a small batch.

No comments: