Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 73: Garlic Butter Baked Brie Bread

Yield: 2 peeps
Time (Start to Finish): 20 min

Ingredients:
4 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp butter
1 4 oz French baguette
¼- ½ pound of brie (varies to size of roll)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425F
2. Take the roll and cut out the center without piercing the bottom with the knife. Just run the knife along the top/sides of the loaf and then pull the center out with it
3. Slice the center part that you pull out so you have little breads which you can toast
4. Take the garlic and chop it up
5. In a sauce pan, melt the butter with the garlic and let cook for just a minute to soften the garlic
6. Pour into the hollowed out bread and make sure it is even throughout the bread
7. Slice the brie and fill the hole on the bread with it, it may or may not use all the cheese
8. Put on a cookie sheet and bake until the brie is hot and melted
9. Serve with the little toasts as an appetizer. Also serve with crackers and fruit!

Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: If you have good bread and brie, this is a killer snack. I just flew in from the best week in Portland ever, saw my dad take home second in the world handball champs (HE IS SO COOL!) saw some great friends, ellis and Meghan, who helped me a ton in this cooking thing, and can both testify that I cooked every day. I made new friends, like drew and sarah who also helped a lot, and I came home after a long delayed flight, sad and needing comfort. This little dish is PERFECT comfort food. Perfect to snack on while catching up on my blog that I couldn’t work on because I left me computer camera adapter here in san Francisco. Sorry to be gone for so long guys, and I hope these recipes hold true to my promise of some cool cool things. Anyways, guys, this recipe is divine, and although I am a little sad, it is good to be home to clean clothes, clean pants, and catching up…nuthin better than a tummy full of cheese and bread to help me catch up on my sleep. Its 9:14 pm…WAY past my bedtime…

No comments: