Yield: 6 people
Time (Start to Finish): 1 hour
2 pounds red new potatoes
½ white onion, chopped
1 head garlic (yes, the whole thing)
½ cup (4 oz) cream cheese
½ cup half and half (may need a little more)
3 Tbsp parm cheese, grated
salt and pepper
1. Turn the oven on to 450F. cut the top off the garlic head to the cloves are exposed a little. Drizzle a little oil, wrap in foil and bake for about 20 min until nice and soft…roasted garlic. Pop the cloves out by squeezing the head after its cooled a little and smash them up
2. Take the onion and caramelize it. BE PATIENT, it takes about half an hour! Take the chopped onion, salt, pepper and a drop of oil and sauté on a pan on med heat until it turns brown and caramelizes..
3. Take the potatoes, maybe while you are cooking the onion, and cut them up and boil them with a lot of salt until they are cooked through
4. In a pot, throw in the potatoes, the onion, the garlic, cream cheese, cream, parm cheese, half and half, salt and pepper and mix with a potato masher
5. Mix until smooth, and add more cream if needed, more cream cheese if needed, and more salt and pepper if needed. You can even use garlic salt if you want. Serve with a sprinkle of chives if you like…enjoy!
Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: cant get better than these…especially when served with a yummy chicken and cooked tomatoes…thanks Bobby and Trash!! These potatoes take a little bit, but are so delicious! The cream cheese is really the trick! You CAN add butter, but the cream cheese adds a tang most people cant place a finger on, but love it when you tell them. There was a dinner party held at our house for Bobby’s friend, and I got to help out and make a dish! And everyone knows how good my potato dishes can be. I guess again that has to do with my irish/polish blood. I hope you like these, and enjoy!