Yield: 3 waffles
Time (Start to Finish): 25 min
¾ cup flour
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp cream cheese
2/3 cup coconut milk
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg, separated
syrup, butter, bacon
1. Preheat your waffle iron so it is ready to go!
2. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
3. In a mixer, stir the cream cheese with the egg yolk until combined, then add the coconut milk and the oil
4. Add that mixture to the dry and mix
5. Beat the egg white until stiff peak in your mixer and fold it into the batter in 3 parts. Try not to over mix
6. Pour batter unto waffle maker and cook to your liking
7. Serve with fruit, syrup, bacon, anything you like!
Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: These are the best waffle ever…well, they aren’t as crunchy as some that are made with butter, but they are great. The coconut milk adds a lot of flavor, and I am quite obsessed with it at the moment! These were made for the lovely Mac on his 28th birthday. A day of bonfires and waffles! They were nice and filling, and taste great. You can add regular milk, you can add flavored cream cheese, so try some variations! I hope you like them!