Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 263: Espresso Black Beans


Yield: 2-3 cups beans

Time (Start to Finish): 45 min


Ingredients:

1 16 oz can black beans

1-2 shots espresso

1 small onion

salt and pepper

1 Tbsp cilantro


Directions:

  • In a saucepan, cook the onion, chopped, and the garlic until soft
  • Add the can of black beans, salt and pepper, and espresso and cook until boiling
  • Take off the heat and add chopped cilantro

Rating: 4 strawberries

Notes: I don’t know how I thought of this, I guess cleaning out the fridge, but this is pretty tasty. I suggest cooking it down, and only adding one shot, but it is quite flavorful! The coffee is bitter, so if you need to sweeten it, add a touch of sugar, just a touch! The onion you can feel free to caramelize to always add more flavor. Serve these at a picnic, I think is best! Makes me excited for 4th of July! (even though it is months away…)

1 comment:

The 78 Project said...

anything, ANYTHING with coffee is spectacular, but DOUBLE BEANS?! And it's vegan! you're a genius. : )