Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 286: Bourbon Butterscotch Sauce



Yield: 1 cup sauce
Time (Start to Finish): 25 min

Ingredients:
½ stick butter (1/4 cup)
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup heavy cream
pinch salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 oz good bourbon (maybe more!!)

I served this with toasted pecans and vanilla ice cream

Directions:
1. Follow these directions carefully. Do not throw everything into the pot right away. It will not work
2. In a saucepan, place the butter and melt over med heat
3. With a whisk add the sugar
4. When combined, add the cream and salt and whisk for about 5 min. it will become bubbly and begin to thicken and darken
5. When it is about 5 min, remove from the heat, add the vanilla and bourbon and whisk together. You can add more bourbon if you like, but don’t overdoit guys!

Rating: 4.5 strawberries
Notes: SO YUMMY!!! This is Maggie helping me pour the sauce on ice cream with toasted pecans. They had me over for dinner and I was in charge of dessert. Thanks guys! They are both from the south, and I thought to myself, how can I make them feel at home? Bourbon, pecans, and sundaes all came to mind, and let me tell you, it worked! I should have doubled the recipe. It saves well, and is good hot or cold. I messed it up the first time by throwing everything into the pot, so just do the recipe step by step. I hope you like it! Sharing is fun, thanks Travis and Maggie for sharing with me!

No comments: