Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 272: Pineapple Sammy with Dipping Sauce


Yield: 1 serving
Time (Start to Finish): 10 min

Ingredients:
4 slices pineapple
cream cheese
1 sweet roll, like brioche

pina colada mix
coconut milk
sugar pack

Directions:
1. Put the cream cheese in the sweet roll and then place the slices of pineapple
2. Make the dipping sauce with coconut milk, which is thick, pina colada mix and sugar
3. Dip the sammy in the sauce as you eat

Rating: 2 strawberries
Notes: So I spent all day traveling, was tired, and this is what I had. I thought the roll was a cream cheese Danish which I thought was perfect, so use one of those if you have it, but I had to add the cream cheese. The dipping sauce is things I found in the ABC store, and is ok when dipping, but I would suggest toasting the bread or Danish a little bit before dipping. The flavor is good, the texture is not good, so it needs a little fixing. Sorry for being tired, I should have just made a cocktail, but I made this. Try a similar thing but alter it. It could make a nice dessert.

No comments: