Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 278: Deviled Eggs


Yield: 6 eggs
Time (Start to Finish): 1 hour

Ingredients:
3 eggs
Mayonnaise
Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
Roasted garlic

Directions:
1. To make a perfect boiled egg, take the eggs, place them in cold salted water on the stove on high. When the water begins to boil, let it boil for 1 solid minute. Turn the stove off and cover the eggs and let sit until cool
2. Remove the eggs and peel them. Slice them in half and scoop out the yolk into a bowl
3. Smash the yolks and add a little over a Tbsp of mayo, a tsp of mustard, salt and pepper
4. Smash up the roasted garlic clove into a paste and add to the mixture
5. You can adjust the mayo or mustard to make it more creamy
6. Put into a piping bag with a star tip and pipe into each of the egg white shells
7. Serve cold

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: So I really dislike the taste of mustard, and I think I added too much for me to handle, but my roomies all loved them! They are creamy, delightful, and are easy to adjust. You can add a little shrimp on top, or chives, cayenne pepper or any of these things. I like them simple and perfect.

No comments: