Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 287: White Chocolate Caramel Sauce


Yield: 2 cups
Time (Start to Finish): 25 min

Ingredients:
10-15 caramels (brachs is the best)
1 cup white chocolate chips (guittard)
¾ cup evaporated milk
1 tsp cinnamon

Directions:
1. In a saucepan, melt the caramels with the evaporated milk until it is smooth and fully melted
2. Take off the heat and add the chocolate chips and the cinnamon and stir until the chocolate is melted

Rating: 3.5 strawberries
Notes: I know, I am on a sauce kick, but really what’s going on is I am on an ice cream kick. I don’t quite know why, but I figure you need to go with these cravings. This sauce is a little sweet, which is why I gave it a lower rating. I might just go ahead and use semi sweet chocolate instead. You could make caramel from scratch, and probably even use the sauce I made yesterday and add chocolate, but this is something quick and easy and that you can put over ice cream STAT! oh, and my pick is from the left over after it began to cool…I had to eat it right away…

No comments: