Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 269: Grilled Pineapple


Yield: 3 pieces
Time (Start to Finish): 20 min

Ingredients:
3 pieces pineapple
chocolate shavings
crushed macadamia nuts
touch sugar

Directions:
1. Take the macadamia nuts and crush them into the plate
2. Take the pineapple and sprinkle with a little sugar if you like, or if it is not sweet enough
3. Take a lighter (I was in a hotel) and a fork and grill the pineapple with the lighter until it caramelizes on the outside. Should take a few minutes, and repeat with the other pieces
4. Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top and enjoy

Rating: 4 strawberries
Notes: I give this props because of my quick thinking to make a hot dish with no stove. I used chocolate shavings from the bottom of a box of chocolate covered macadamia nuts that I had already finished, nuts from a new can, and pineapple I bought down at the ABC store. I used a tiki lighter, which I may give to someone as a present, and sat out on the balcony to enjoy. The sugar came from a sugar pack in the coffee kit that came with the room. Pretty sneaky huh? When it comes to cocktail week, I thought I might take it a tad easy and make some food. I hope you like this. Grill it at home on a grill or a pan on the stove. It will taste just as good.

No comments: